We are offering training opportunities to people who are seriously investigating a calling to urban mission – i.e. Church Planting and/or church revitalisation in inner city and estate contexts. Our own immediate concern is to encourage church planting and revitalisation in the urban West Midlands (especially, Sandwell, West Birmingham and the Black Country). However, we also would love to see people going on to pastoral ministry in other contexts (we have already see one trainee, Hannes return to Austria as an associate pastor).
Training with us will include:
Training in Theology, Pastoral Counselling and Bible teaching. This will be through:
– Participation on either the Midlands Ministry Training Course and/or The Union School of Theology Graduate Diploma as part of our Birmingham West Learning Community
– Guided reading, personal study and 1-1 mentoring with one of our leadership team.
– Faithroots -including guided reading via our online training hub and quarterly training days.
Practical Experience including:
– Neighbourhood evangelism
– Youth and Children’s work
– Pastoral visiting and 1-1 discipleship
– Supporting church revitalisation initiatives
When does training start?
The Midlands Ministry Training Course and Union GDip enrol in September. However, you can join us for training at any time throughout the year.
Both the MMTC and Union offer a 2 year programme.
What’s the Cost to me?
These training placements are self-funded meaning that you will have to raise support in order to cover your course fees and living costs. For example, the current fees for the Union GDip are £3,200 per annum.
Please pray about this and talk it over with your current church leaders. For anyone joining us as a trainee, we will expect them to be commissioned by a sending church and so will ask for references.
If you think this looks like a possible way forward, please get in touch with Dave Williams either by phone (07791 622122) or by the contact form below: