This outreach is an integral part to our work in trying to reach Bearwood and beyond with the Gospel.
The café provides:
– A place where people can pop in for tea, coffee and light refreshments making first contact with the church
– A family friendly environment with toys, books etc.
– A community hub where people can come for advice and practical help
– A venue for Bible studies and evangelistic events
– A community resource where volunteers can gain valuable work experience before moving into paid employment.
We are looking for someone who can develop the café so that it is open from Monday through to Saturday and to lead/look after the volunteer team.
You will need to be:
– A Christian committed to the sharing the Gospel and able to sign up to our Statement of faith
– A self-starter who is able to get on with developing things with minimal supervision
– Experienced in coffee shop/café work
– Able to build a team and work well with others.
Currently the role is on a voluntary/self-funded basis. It may be suitable for a recently retired couple or for someone with a working spouse.
As this is a key ministry for Bearwood Chapel, we would expect you to join us as a church member.
Please get in touch via the contact form below for more details: